Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Haiku Deck

Last semester, I had most of my students use Haiku Deck to create some awesome mathematical presentations.  I just read in one of my groups that Haiku Deck is giving access to some of their paid themes to people for free.  It is under their random acts of kindness.  If you go to this link you can get the information necessary to do it and they will be offering various themes every day, Monday to Friday of this week.  I am going to try downloading some tonight when I go back to work. I'd love some extra themes for my students to work with.
I need to have my students play with Algebra Tiles.  It is an app with x^2, x and 1 times but the tiles appear to be the same size and I haven't had the time to fully explore this app.  I need to figure out if you can cause the tiles to change size, split them up or even figure out why the app states that the answer is wrong even when it is correct.  I am thinking that it has to do with the app is set up for people to check at certain points in the process.  I am off to play with the app to see if I can get it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment