Thursday, February 27, 2014

Real World Math

I am thinking of spending some time this summer and creating units for my math classes.  Units that include some real world mathematics such as some real biology population studies and the mathematics,  or which interest equations (compounded or continuous) are used for savings accounts, loans, house buying,  car buying, etc.  I want these units to give students a chance to see how one type of equation works in a few different situations.  Furthermore, I can set up some of the exercises so they use spread sheets, graphing calculators and maybe putting things together at the end of the unit with a presentation, a project or maybe an infographic.  If I work on these units over the summer, I should be able to integrate the technology in such a way as to increase understanding but not just have technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment