Thursday, December 4, 2014

more technology

They are redoing the schedule for next semester so that means that I will have to teach a combined Pre-algebra and algebra class of 16 - 9th graders.  I told them I would need an aid in the room to help out.  I can already see that I will be using more digital resources to have students take more responsibility for their learning. 
Today instead of using IXL to find the level of understanding of material, I had my Algebra II students use it to learn solving systems of equations better. Most of my students used it to work on understanding the material and which area to shade.  It was wonderful when a student told me they struggled with the topic because they still had trouble differentiating between the two inequalities signs.  This was awesome.
I will write more on how I plan to integrate the two math classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment