Thursday, January 30, 2014

Not enough data

Today I got done with a 6 hour meeting on what we got out of the RTI (Response to Intervention) conference so we can do a presentation to the rest of the staff on Monday.  When all was said and done, we decided we didn't have enough diagnostic data to have our teachers begin the first steps in implementing RTI so we put it on the back burner.
This experience lead me to think about the tools I already have at my disposal to create and use data for RTI.  I have some diagnostic tests in a book but I have no way to really use them because I would have to analyze the individual questions.  So a big ah-ha hit me that I can place the info in a test program such as testmoz.com and then use the info from the reports to analyze my student's weak places.  Once I get Exit Ticket figure out, I can use that for on-going formative data collection. 
While at the RTI conference, I was given two websites that are free and which will help me monitor students work but they only go up to 8th grade at the highest and I teach high school.  That said, I can use the websites to help my more struggling students. 
Teaching has changed so much since I began.   Now its considered the dark ages with chalkboards and film projectors.  I'll investigate the websites and report back on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment