Thursday, July 24, 2014

Algebralator

This is actually an algebra calculator you can use to find the answer to various types of Algebra problems.  

This app has the ability to solve a variety of functions ranging from finding slope, equations of lines and distance to Matricies.  In addition, there is a notepad that keeps a record of previous problems done.  

Furthermore, I have spent time wrestling in my mind with the idea that I can let students use something like this to help them solve problems.  I have decided that they can use this type of app because it only shows the answer so it is a way of checking their work.  If their answer is wrong, they can go back and check for mistakes.  One of the training a I took said that students need to practice doing the problems correctly so they learn properly and this allows instant feedback so they automatically know their score before turning anything in.