Thursday, July 24, 2014

Algebralator

This is actually an algebra calculator you can use to find the answer to various types of Algebra problems.  

This app has the ability to solve a variety of functions ranging from finding slope, equations of lines and distance to Matricies.  In addition, there is a notepad that keeps a record of previous problems done.  

Furthermore, I have spent time wrestling in my mind with the idea that I can let students use something like this to help them solve problems.  I have decided that they can use this type of app because it only shows the answer so it is a way of checking their work.  If their answer is wrong, they can go back and check for mistakes.  One of the training a I took said that students need to practice doing the problems correctly so they learn properly and this allows instant feedback so they automatically know their score before turning anything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment