Monday, November 18, 2013

Lions and tigers and bears, Oh My!

This weekend, as I was planning this weeks activities, I realized that I have so much technology I want to use in class but I do not have the time.  I spent the summer looking for some game type apps that I could have the students use as a reward but would reinforce their mathematical skills.  There is one or two games they like but the response depends on the child.  The 9th graders love playing the games but the seniors are too "cool" to play such games.  One reason is that it is hard to find good games for the students who are below grade level that are not created for middle school students.  I also wonder if my students are so used to playing certain types of games on their mobile devices that they find many of the educational games "Boring." Then I am faced with the question of "How educational is the educational game?"  I read an article that stated the 8 of the top 10 paid "educational" games were not educational and they explained why they took this position.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the push to integrate technology into the classroom with little or no guidance and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment