Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Last post till Dec 2nd

With the thanksgiving weekend starting tomorrow, I am not going to post till December 2.  I showed the kindergarten how to create a QR code so she could create a QR code with the url for www.ixl.com which has some great math material for pre-k and kindergarten.  She said the kids loved playing with the QR scan program but after a few times of doing this, they will start doing more of the math work.  She likes the site because the answers have sound since her kids cannot read the written material and the sound provides a verbal.
I also spoke with another teacher on ways she can have kids annotate a pdf file and be able to save the work in a safe location as we can neither use dropbox nor google docs.  I know she uses Edmodo so I worked out ways she can use that. 
On the other hand, I am working out ways to have my students take quizzes in a way so they can fill in a blank with the actual answer so I can do something other than multiple choice on the computer.  Since our state is going to be giving computer based tests starting in the spring, I need to get students used to taking tests that way, otherwise they may not do as well as they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment