Wednesday, June 5, 2013

More on centers

I have been giving some serious thought to using iPads with centers.  I have a book with printed instructions for using centers in Algebra I and ll, geometry and pre-algebra.  I can scan the various activities into PDF form.  If I have an app on the iPad that allows the students to read and write the answers on the file, they can then send it off to me so that I can grade it.  By using centers, I can increase their group activities and hopefully decrease their dependence on me. I look forward to trying this.  If I store the pdf files in the school wiki, I can use a QR code to send them to the proper page, provide instructions and any additional information.  I am trying to change the main focus from teacher oriented to student oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment