Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Greenl Screen Word Problem

Over the weekend, I created a green screen word problem using my Smart board to create my recording talking about things.  Then I found maps and an actual shot of the Eiffel Tower on google street view.  I put them together on iMovie.

Today, I tried it out in my first period and they really enjoyed it. They requested more of these.  I had the students watch the video one time through before watching it a second time to write down the important information.

They were required to use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the distance from their toes to the top of the tower and then they used trig to find the angle of the hypotenuse. It was cool because it gave them a reference so they could see exactly what they were doing.

It went well and I had fun with it. I'm sharing the video with you so you can see what they saw.


I've had requests for Dubai, Canada, New Zealand, Staten Island, and Los Angeles so far. They are really enjoying it.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment