Thursday, October 26, 2017

Math Links

Chain, Metal Chain, Link I love exploring the internet because there are so many great sites for math teachers.  Every time I research something, I find a great site I can use in my classroom.

The other day, I found Math Links Network, a site filled with over 1500 links for teaching math. 

Each link has a picture, the date added, and the URL of the site so you can explore it.  In addition, the links are divided into one of six categories: Numeracy, patterns and algebra, data, measurement, space and geometry, and advanced.  When you click on the category, there is a list of subtopics at the top of the page letting you know how many links are in each. 

If you click on Space and Geometry, you'll see 16 sub topics such as triangles, circles, angles, etc.  I clicked on triangles with the 18 links listed.  Some of the links are for sites and videos I've never seen before and will provide additional materials for my classes.

There are other offerings by this site for teachers.  The Maths Faculty has 213 resources from other teachers, designed for teachers.  These resources are divided up into the same 6 categories as the links take the explorer back to many of the same links as the main page but not all of them.

I found a maths kit list of links grouped by type.  These categories are way different than the other pages in that they have links to graph paper, calculators, dice, equation editors, videos and other such topics.  Every grouping has at least three entries but most have 10 or more.  The site with the URL is listed for each link.

Another section offers different types of papers needed in the math classroom.  Papers such as coordinate grids, graph paper, Isometric dot paper, and number lines, trig graph paper and parabolic graph paper. Each section has several different types of the paper.  This is the place to go when looking for specialty paper rather than having to scour the internet.

The final section is the starters section with 13 different starters, timers and other things to make teaching a bit easier.

I admit, this site has so much on it, that I'll be a long time checking things out, determining which activities will work on the iPad and which won't.  I didn't know there was a site like this out there.  It appears to be from Australia but the links are worth investigating.

Let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear.  Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment