Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lesson Planning

I head back to work on August 8th.  I have been thinking about integrating some of the wonderful apps I've seen so that students have a good chance to learn the math while utilizing the technology.  I have to remember to put in activities which make the students plan out and finish an activity with open ended questions so they end up explaining how they got to their answer.  Too many of my students do want to make sure they do every problem correctly the first time and are asking for help on every single problem.  I think I may have them create presentations with showme as a way of communicating their work.  I think this will give them a chance to work on vocabulary, explanations and make them more comfortable with public speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment