Thursday, April 18, 2013

Infographics

I've been reading about infographics and I think it is something worth trying.  Since my college prep is in the middle of a project, I think on Monday I will give them a choice of actually writing the short report or preparing an infographic on logs and natural logs and their use.  I think they might have more fun doing the infographic rather than a report since it is a bit more creative.  From what I've read about infographics, these would be great for the probability unit as students can see the real life applications of probability.  Bingo is a huge business out here and parents will often go play to 3 or 4 in the morning.  Maybe an infographic on the probability of Bingo would be a good place to start the unit. 
I am hoping to discuss a couple math apps I discovered on iTunes that will help students with the distributive property and with the special binomials such as (x^2 - 4).  I even have ideas of how to do a graphical representation on Geoboard but I want to do more research on other apps that might help me with the graphical representations.
If anyone knows of one, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment