Monday, June 16, 2014

Card clutter and other things.

I found a math app called card clutter which has students order numbers from smallest to largest.  There are 14 levels going from natural numbers to square root.  Each level is timed and if you choose a number that is not the correct one, the card will not slide away and a certain amount of time is penalized.  I have high school students who have difficulty ordering numbers once they move to negative numbers, decimals and fractions.  I am impressed with this.
I completed my first day at an iBook hack and it was awesome.  One of the most important things I came away with is a search engine to search for images, music, etc that can be used in presentations without violating copyright.  The site is at search.creativecommons.org and I will be sharing this information with others at the school I teach at.

No comments:

Post a Comment