Sunday, June 29, 2014

Fraction division by Braining camp

This is the other free app offered by Braining Camp.  It has the lesson, questions, manipulative and challenge or assessment just like the area app.  The one thing this app offers that the other one does not is the use of badges.  The student can earn up to thee badges for each section.  Although most high school students should be solid in their division of fractions, many of my students are not and I see this being used as either a scaffolding step or for remediation. 



I have noticed that many of my students have learned the algorithms to divide fractions but they do knot always understand the concept so this app helps students with understanding why they are dividing fractions the way they do.  I plan to recommend this app to the 5th and 6 the grade teachers for use in their classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment