Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mabble

I downloaded several apps to check out so this is the first review of the lot.  Mabble is a free app which helps students develop number sense. You are given a number on the playing board and several below in the racks.  From the items below, you are to put together an equation that works.  In this case the answer would be 1 + 2 = 3

If your answer is correct, you are told good job and it allows you to redo the level or move up.   As you progress, the problems get more complex and require more thought.

The app requires you to use all the different signs and numbers to create multiple threads that are woven together as in the picture labled 1-9.

I like this because it is a puzzle and it is challenging.  For some of my students, they will struggle with it while others will enjoy the challenge.  I think I will try this will my older students to see how they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment