Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Math is Fun

I often catch myself getting in a rut doing the same thing over and over again and I don't bother varying what I do in the classroom.  Today I sent my students to the website Math is fun in three classes.  This is a website I use but not as much as I should.  What I like about this website is that it has clear examples and explanations followed by 6 to 10 question quizzes.  At the end of the quiz, students get a score and if they miss a question it shows them the correct answer and the correct way to do the problem but it will not let them change the answer unless they get all the way out of the quiz and restart it.  Furthermore, when they are done, the program shows them which questions they missed and which are correct.  I use it to monitor their understanding of the material we are covering. 
Tomorrow, I'll talk about another website I use on the iPads.  Unfortunately, not every website will work with an iPad.  Most of the NCTM online interactive activities cannot be used on the iPad due to its uses of java.

No comments:

Post a Comment