Monday, November 2, 2015

Keynote

Parrot, Pirates, AnimalThis morning  I am working on three keynote presentations.  One that shows dividing polygons into triangles so students see where the formula comes from before doing the activity themselves.  This one is just a simple going from slide to slide with no animation.

The second I am going to do later today will be on congruent triangles and using transformations to prove they are congruent.  I can use the move and build order commands to accomplish that.

The third, if I get it done, will be on LCM both using both multiples and prime factoring.  Again, I'll use the commands so I can move things around to create the movement I need.

Once these are completed, I'll incorporate the short presentations into the presentation I'm giving on Wednesday at Schools of the Future, in Honolulu, Hawaii.  On Tuesday, at 2:45, I have a presentation titled  "Now What Do I Do?"  Its on integrating apps into effectively into math lessons so as to cover building prior knowledge, remediation and build skills.   The other, "This is not English?", is scheduled at 10:00 on Wednesday and is on integrating literacy into the math classroom.

So I will be posting at the end of the day after I've presented and attended some really interesting presentation.  I am excited and can hardly wait.  If you are going to be at the conference, look me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment