Saturday, November 7, 2015

Posters and Vocabulary.

The reality is that I am sitting in an airport on my way home from a conference in Honolulu.  I still have a couple hours before my next flight takes off and then I have another 3 to 4 hour wait before I take off on the last leg of my flight. 

I've been playing with creating Math posters on-line because its a way of having students create a more interesting way of presenting vocabulary instead of the standard Freyer Model.

The other night, I found a couple free apps that are supposed to allow you to create these types of posters without having to go on-line.  I'm going to play around with the apps once I get home because I want to be comfortable. 

I like the idea of being able to create things like this on the iPad because I have a set and cannot always get the computers at the school.  In addition, many of my students do have a mobile device so they could download an app and then create it at home as a homework assignment.

This way, they might not need access to the internet to complete this work.  I am finding it harder and harder to do everything I want to do in the classroom while trying to teach the actual mathematics.  At least I can play with these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment