Tuesday, March 18, 2014

One time distance class

Today I had my students participate in a wonderful presentation through CILC or Center for Interative Learning and Collaboration.  I signed my geometry class up for the "Ancient Egypt: Proportion, Symmetry and Size" from the Milwaukee Public Museum and it was awesome. 
The students learned about the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 body ratio that is still used today.  They learned that a royal cubit was the length of the ruler's arm from elbow to the tip of the middle finger and changed every time a new Pharaoh came into power.  They learned about the Egyptian idea of perfection, perfection and symmetry in art, buildings, etc. The war between Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt.  I learned so much from this.  Everything that was shown or talked about in this presentation always came back to proportion, symmetry or size. 
I have four more on request over the next month or two so we'll see how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment