Friday, March 28, 2014

One more gold tidbit.

I found out that the price of gold dropped from 1304.40 to 1290.95.  This lead to a question on why the price changed.  I also ended up looking up gold bullion in bars.  I discovered that the US govt has declared the gold bar to be : 7 inches x 3 and 5/8 inches x 1 and 3/4 inches and weighs around 27.5 lbs.  This means that although the bars are rather small, they are actually quite heavy.  Since we are heading into state mandated testing next week, I will not be doing as much actually teaching so I will be posting some real life ideas for warm-ups and plan which apps I still need to try out.  I have a couple but between now and mid may, the students will actually not get quite as much done because it is beautiful and spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment