Monday, March 10, 2014

Zoodle Comic

In preparation for Wednesday, I found Zoodle Comic app (free) from iTunes.  It is installed on my iPads and I have had one of my students, who hates working in class, exploring and learning to use it so she can help me answer student questions on using it. The student has had a great time learning to use it and is creating some great things.
It has a choice of 4 different cartoon type characters and several different speech boxes.  It allows you to draw in things and make a real comic strip.
I am going to give the students a choice of three or four word problems.  They will then create a comic strip showing how the problem is solved and include the answer.  I think it will give them a chance to use their writing skills and it will help the more artistic ones.  Since I work with ELL students, this hopefully will help them improve their knowledge of the English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment