Monday, May 19, 2014

Blabberize

I just found out that Blabberize has an iPad app called chatterpix.  I am wondering if I can use it to  make mathematical equations talk about how you solve them.  I am wondering if the novelty of such an activity would keep their attention and make it so they learn.  On the other hand, I wonder if it would be too "cute" and not meet the needs of student learning.  At what point are we including technology just because its new and fun to use rather than see if it works. 
I think a better use would be to use it on a comic strip so that students can make the characters talk in the comic strip.  It would be a way for sharing information without as much writing for some of my ELL students. 
I am trying to find ways to have my students write without feeling overwhelmed or shutting down and this might be a way to do it especially if I have them write down the script of the people speaking on the comic strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment