Monday, May 12, 2014

Digital Storytelling

Many times it is too easy to dismiss using certain apps because they are not strictly math oriented.  I gave some thought to this topic and remembering the 3 act Math tasks, I wonder if I can have the students create their own digital stories setting up a situation and explaining the math for that situation.  The math will be from what is being studied in the classroom and the situation will be a real life application of that particular math topic.  I teach in a one building K to 12 school and perhaps I can have the students take their finished projects down to the elementary and share them with students.  That opens some possibilities.  This would be a way for students to develop their mathematical vocabulary and get a better grasp of the topic.  This is going to be something I explore over the summer. When I work out the details, I"ll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment