Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Graphs for data

I just realized today as I was reading an article on useful app for iPads if you are in business, that I never use any statistical charts or data visualizations.  My students are often quite visual and such an app would allow them to understand some of the material better.  I realize that I could use one of the iWorks suite on it but I am going to check out free apps over the summer to see what else is available.  I want my students to do a bit more with graphs and charts.  I plan to have iworks but I want students to learn to use other apps so they are better prepared for going into the workforce. 
On a positive note, I am going to the ibookhack this summer and I will share the information with others back at school.  I already have one teacher who is planning how to use ibook author in his class next year and has already said we will work together next year.  I am sooo excited about it.
I just heard about Scoodle Jam which is a paid app that allows students to write, draw, type, collage, and brainstorm with creation tools and cross-subject, educational content.  This is one I think I might check out over the summer to see if it has any real advantages.  Since I work with ELL students, I"ve been working on finding ways for my students to express themselves in written form.  This is going to be fun to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment