I was reading a blog on finding geometric shapes in real life. The author showed several examples and as I read the blog entry, I got to thinking of how I could use this in my high school math classroom. I came up with the following ideas.
1. Create a book filled with pictures, general information and perhaps the formula for area and perimeter of the shape.
2. Create a comic strip with one character talking to another on a tour of the house pointing out the shapes.
3. Create a video/movie/podcast to share where students found various shapes.
4. A photo scavenger hunt outside of school.
5. Perhaps divide the students up into groups and assign a shape to each group to find and create a presentation on where to find the various shapes with examples and where these shapes were found.
6. A pod news cast with each group providing a small segment, a pair of news anchors and they would have to plan everything. Perhaps even broadcast it throughout the school.
These are just a couple ideas just off the top of my head.