Saturday, October 10, 2015

Interactive Geometry Notebooks

Paper, Looseleaf, Notebook, BlankI did a web search for Interactive Geometry Notebooks and I found a few sites that have some great information.  I am slowly figuring out how to do do this one in digital form but I have some great ideas for it.

1.  Miss Calculate has a lovely unit on transformations that is ready and downloadable.  I'm thrilled to find this as it cuts down on my work.  I can take pictures of a coordinate graph and set it up so students can import it into their digital notebooks.

2.  Mrs. Hester's blog has great information too. She included lots of great photos showing how things are going.  I picture taking photos of the charts, importing them into gloss or another app and writing on it, saving and importing into the notebook app.  Perhaps do the writing straight on the photo in the notebook app.

3.  Pinterest has several nice entries.  Grid transformations, ideas for geometry interactive notebooks, etc.  Its not hard to find many, many possibilities here.

4. Miss Beebe had a lovely explanation with examples for this unit.

5. Journal Wizard shows how to set up pages with lots of graphs and students could easily do this, snap a picture of it and import it into the digital journal.  That way, we don't have to worry about loosing various papers.

If you do a search for Interactive Geometry Notebooks, you can find many more entries but these five looked really interesting for what I'm teaching over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment