Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Schoology

I am getting quite a few students signed into schoology. So far my seniors have reacted the most positively because the interface reminds them of facebook. One of them posted a comment before anyone else.  I had a hard time getting them to actually log off and start today's work.  The next step after I get everyone registered and on is to start sending information to them so they will get in the habit of checking for messages or posting messages.  This means I need to start a discussion so they can comment tomorrow.  I think the discussion will focus on the word problems they are working on.  Since I work with ELL students, I am trying to increase the opportunities they have to communicate both in written and oral formats. 
Early next week, I am going to have them use a google earth math lesson so they know more about using the program.  I know there is one on linear equations and I need to see if there are others they can use.  On Thursday afternoon, I get to help the tech dept run a training session on using Nearpod.  I am so excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment