Friday, February 14, 2014

Getting prepared

On Sunday February 23, 2014, I will be giving a presentation on using the iPad in the high school classroom at the state conference on technology in education. I am excited as I will be talking about many of the apps I have reviewed here and actually use in my classroom.  I am almost finished with my presentation and I realized I should also include websites that are iPad friendly.  There is nothing more frustrating than to find an interactive activity on a website and then discover it won't work on the iPads.  Yes I know you can download apps that will allow you to use that website but it ends up using bandwidth and the website shows up a bit on the slow side when the students use it. 
In the meantime, I am trying to find the time to explore a website called Easy CBM lite which is free and can provide assessment in both reading and math for grades K to 8.  It allows you to benchmark and progress monitor students, do assorted reports, etc.  I am told it works on iPads so that is what I need to try out so that I can use it. There is a move towards using more and more assessment for the purposes of RTI. Since my classroom has iPads, I do not get access to the computers unless I actually make arrangements and that is difficult because the computers are in use most periods. 
I hope to report on my experience come Monday or Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment