Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Learn Zillion part two.

After I wrote the post for the blog, I ended up showing two more videos from Learn Zillion for Algebra 2 and College Prep math classes.
I found a nice video on Functions which has a nice example of relations vs functions and being able to tell which is which.  They used two candy stores and rules which helped my students since they often purchase candy at one of the two local stores.  I will find out tomorrow how well it helped.
In college prep, their video on sinusoidal graphs was excellent. At one point, the video is showing an arm going around the unit circle while the flat graph is being produced. This is actually the first time I've seen an animation in a video like this.  It really helped students begin to see the connection.
I plan to use this web site more in the future as videos are an important part of my instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment