Friday, September 26, 2014

Playing with QR codes and quizzes.

I currently use QR codes to hold the warm-up questions so students have something to do when they come in and I use it to put the answers on the homework but while giving a test today, I wondered if there was a way to use QR codes for students to relay their answers to me. 
I have used a QR code maker on the iPads in class with the students in the past.  I've asked a question or put a mathematical problem on the board and had them create the answer in that app.  I would use a QR code reader to check the answer as they left. 
Sometimes I would like to keep the information or receive all the quiz answers.  I need to find out if I can have them either e-mail the QR code to me, have it loaded up to schoology, put in dropbox or maybe use the airdrop feature to send the codes to me.  I am working on ways to save paper but I also wonder if requiring answers only is a good thing for Math.
On the other hand, I could have them download the quiz, write on it to show their work and then upload the completed work.  Gives me food for thought over the next few days.