Friday, September 26, 2014

Playing with QR codes and quizzes.

I currently use QR codes to hold the warm-up questions so students have something to do when they come in and I use it to put the answers on the homework but while giving a test today, I wondered if there was a way to use QR codes for students to relay their answers to me. 
I have used a QR code maker on the iPads in class with the students in the past.  I've asked a question or put a mathematical problem on the board and had them create the answer in that app.  I would use a QR code reader to check the answer as they left. 
Sometimes I would like to keep the information or receive all the quiz answers.  I need to find out if I can have them either e-mail the QR code to me, have it loaded up to schoology, put in dropbox or maybe use the airdrop feature to send the codes to me.  I am working on ways to save paper but I also wonder if requiring answers only is a good thing for Math.
On the other hand, I could have them download the quiz, write on it to show their work and then upload the completed work.  Gives me food for thought over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment