Friday, September 19, 2014

2 + 1 math rocks videos

I was looking around for a video on types of angles for my geometry class today and discovered this nice rock group called 2 + 1 math rocks.  They have produced many songs and several videos.  The videos can be found on both youtube and teacher tube.  The video on angles sounded like it was in the 3 dog night style and my kids paid lots of attention to it.  Later in the day I tried their please excuse  my dear aunt sally video and several students were humming along to the tune.
It appears the songs and videos are focused on middle school but I can see using them in my math classes that have students who struggle with math. 
The pictures in the videos are funny and the whole experience was enjoyable for both teachers and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment