Monday, September 16, 2013

Trig

In my advanced math class, my students are studying trigonometry.  Last week I showed a short video on the unit circle itself from teachertube.  It did a really nice job of showing how the values are found.  Today I showed a video on how to use the unit circle to find values of various problems such as sin 270 degrees.  It laid a good foundation for how the values relate to sin, cos, tan, csc, sec, and cot.  Tomorrow, I have an activity to reinforce the other ways of looking at tan, csc, sec and cot using only sin and cos. Finished off using a free app for Trig to reinforce the basic identities of the 6 basic ratios.  The app icon is blue with a red X^r on it and trig 1 under it.  The kids are having fun practicing the basic ratios
If I could, I would have students watch the videos at home so I'd have a more flipped classroom but so many of my students do not have internet or limited bandwidth so it is really impractical to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment