Monday, October 13, 2014

I - Spy X app

Since we are now at solving one-step equations in my Algebra I classes, I had students play the matching game where they match the equation with the value for x.  It gave me a feel for how well they already understand the process and how much on the topic I have to teach.  We even had a visitor from the state in class and she had a great time playing the game along with the kids.  Since our school is one of the lower performing ones in the state, we have a coach who comes out to help us with our plan of action and when she visits my room, she gets a chance to see how I am applying technology.
One of the courses I've taken has said that even when you are done with a topic, you still need to have the students practice the material. So today in Geometry, I had the students do Geometry Pro by Mathtoons and I had them do the 9th quiz on parallel lines and traversals.  I understand the company is developing an app to allow you to create your own quizzes on the material you teach.  I signed up for it today because it would be wonderful to have quizzes set up for my students that tests them on specific material.  I'll keep you posted on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment