Friday, October 10, 2014

STEM and attitudes.

I understand that the activity I did with the students using both the tortoise and the hare app and the race 2 achieve are considered STEM activities because they involve technology, math and science.  I really hadn't thought about it that way.  Honesty, I was looking for application of math that my students would enjoy.  So far they have had a blast doing both activities.
I just saw a post by reasoning mind  that I love.  It is ways to counter student attitude of "I can't do it".  I love that it tells me what to say so I can help them overcome their attitude.  I find it interesting that so many people have developed the attitude that I cannot do math and that there is research showing that you can overcome the attitude and become competent in any subject.  You don't have to be born with natural talent, just have the willingness to try and practice. 
I plan to use these replies in my own classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment