Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sandbox browser

I just stumbled across the Sandbox Browser on Apps gone free.  I need to try it out and see how it works.  The basic premise is that I can go into settings and have a list of sites they are allowed to be at.  For me, it might be Mathisfun.com  or Coolmath.com.  If a student tries to go anywhere else, they will be told that it is not an authorized website.  I am hoping that by using this particular browser, it will cut down on the number of students who surf the web rather than doing the actual lesson.  I think I saw where the program can disable Safari so that students cannot use that to go around the restrictions. 
I know that students going places they should not is a problem in elementary school here so I am going to recommend it to the tech head and see what he says.  As I explore it, I will report back on how its going.

No comments:

Post a Comment